Sunday, April 4, 2010

Coral, the return of a peasant, and the Resurrection

Because of the encouragement of my good friend Lee, be sure to check out his blog, I have decided to take up my cyber quill and start blogging again. This is a dangerous thing for both you and me. For me it's dangerous because when I do something I tend to go all out and this could take up a considerable amount of my time. It is dangerous for you because I have a very random mind and you never know what you will find yourself reading here. No promises that it will always be the most profitable few minutes of your day when you stop by my blog, but I will do my best to keep you entertained and thinking.

I haven't had a blog for over 2 years so I figured it's time to dive back into the game. If nostalgia is your thing, then you can check out my old blog here.

Today we remember and celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. It has struck me this weekend how many people are super stoked to have Good Friday off from work and will be quick to wish their friends and neighbors a jolly "Happy Easter!" without even really understanding what the significance of these days is. But then I thought, that's how it is with Christmas too. If we would spend less time thinking about the bonus time off work and more time understanding the real reason for these holidays we would all be better off.

And in an unrelated ramble, when I say the word 'coral' what do you think of? If you thought "oh, that's a colour (color for my American friends)," well then, you are far more educated than I am. And if you thought it was an orange-pinkish colour than you are miles ahead of me. I still choose to believe it's a greenish colour, no matter what Wikipedia tells me.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are blogging again! The color you are thinking of is "Coral Green" so you were half right. Also, thanks for the American translation, I had no idea what you were talking about there for a second... Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete