Saturday, April 24, 2010

Silence is Golden

Sometimes we need more time to just stop and think. Life is too busy, we are always trying to do so much, to have so much going on. I'll be the first to admit that I have very few moments of quiet, when I can shut out distractions and just contemplate something. I always seem to need noise. The TV needs to be on, or the radio, or some music; silence is scary. Our generation is too noisy, it's like we purposefully try to create as many distractions and diversions as humanly possible. That way, we don't have to be faced with the quiet contemplation of what is going on in our hearts, our minds, our souls.

I am the chief culprit of this, so really, I'm writing this more for myself than anyone. I find that by externalizing some of my thoughts it helps me. By putting stuff out here for people to read, it makes me accountable and not able to hide things as easily.

So, how to shut up the noise? How do we quiet things so that we can come face to face with who we really are inside? Don't be afraid of silence. It's so rare and hard to come by. If you can manage to grab a hold of some, take advantage of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment