Tuesday, April 13, 2010

This Entry Doesn't Have a Title

So is this what writers block feels like? I really intend to update this blog more than once a week but lately I haven't had any thing big and inspirational or entertaining to write about. Maybe after a while this blog can sustain itself with the occasional mundane post talking about nothing but not yet, it's too early for that. I do have a bunch of ideas of things to write about but they just need some time to flesh themselves out. So, with all that being said, in an effort to get back into the blogger spirit and get this new blog up and running I'm going to periodically resurrect some posts from my old blog that I particularly enjoyed writing. Hopefully there are enough of you that never read that old blog so this will be new stuff for you.


So here's something fun and pointless to do when you are bored: Do a google search with "your name likes to" and see what you get.. For example, I typed in "Brad likes to". Here's the top 10 results that came back. Those of you that know me, do any of these remotely correspond with me in any conceivable way??

1. 
"Brad likes to be dad."  (This one was actually in reference to my namesake, Mr. Pitt. He not only took my name but also my stunning good looks. Crook.)

2. 
"Brad likes to take the edge off with a whynatte."  (First one to tell me what a whynatte is gets 10 bonus points)

3. 
"Brad likes to imagine he's a street-smart gangsta from the mean streets of L.A., and he's been trying to launch a career as a hardcore rapper." (Get out of my head. I was just thinking that myself.)

4.
"Brad likes to keep stretching his limits, to see how far he can go." (Mr. Pitt strikes again. He's almost as well-known as me.)

5. 
"Brad likes to hit a tennis ball around." (There was more context before and after this statement but I thought it deserved to be on it's own, as is. Just random enough to be quite nice. Not to mention the fact that this specific activity comprised a decent portion of my childhood.)

6. 
"Brad likes to just go with the flow." (Sure, why not.)

7. 
"Brad likes to pick at his guitar or beat his Taye GoKit in a vigorous yet futile effort to produce coherent music." (I, on the other hand, recognize the effort as futile so just avoid it altogether so as to spend my time on much less futile efforts.)

8.  "Brad likes to
 ride his motorcycle, run, and play racquetball; playing with home theater technology is also a favorite pastime." (Ok, I don't think this Brad got the memo...he is way too ambitious. Unacceptable.)

9. 
"Brad likes to play hard with Zeus." (Now we're talking...a guy who hangs out with the ancient god of the Greeks...or maybe his dog is named Zeus...whatever, same thing.)

10.  "Brad likes to
 take fresh herbs at their peak of summer goodness; wrap in a paper towel; and store in resealable plastic bags in the fridge." (There is so much wrong in this statement I'm not even going to start.)


So there you have it. This has been an eye-opening experience for me. There are a lot of Brad's doing some bizarre things with their lives. Probably better that I don't know them.

2 comments:

  1. too funny! I guess you can learn alot about yourself on google? Jenn Watson-Zehr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whynatte: a latte with a cold shot of Jager. ...

    http://www.whynatte.com/about/

    Maybe it's just me, but ew...

    ReplyDelete